Thursday, November 15, 2007

Exciting Times

I am having such a good time, and feeling a little like one of Santa's elves, as I continue to prepare for my Etsy Holiday Open House.

However, I wanted to let you know that registration for Art & Soul Virginia starts TODAY!!!

Marylin and I are thrilled to be teaching at this retreat. We have two WONDERFUL workshops to share.

The first class is BRAND NEW!

Students will be constructing a BEAUTIFUL journal to preserve treasures found in nature. Check out all the details, here and take a peek below at this unique working piece of art.


Not only will we be constructing this INCREDIBLE book, but we will also explore techniques to transform live botanicals into cherished keepsakes, traditional methods for pressing flowers and plants, along with discussing ways to use natural elements in other mixed media artworks.


Our second offering is a workshop that is SO MUCH FUN!

Students will be building an ADORABLE 3-dimensional fiber abode with pages tucked inside to display cherished photos. Check out all the details, here.
We will be showing participants this FABULOUS technique for using up all those little pieces of fabric, ribbon, paper, metal, misc ephemera... whatever, to transform a plain piece of muslin into a GORGEOUS work of art. This is DEFINITELY a technique that can be used in so many different ways.We hope you will join us for class on Sunday, May 4th and Monday, May 5, 2008. We would LOVE to spend the day with you!

3 comments:

katie said...

both of these classes look wonderful tracie, so beautiful and fun too!
xo katie

Sherry said...

It's fun being in the workshop with the elves, isn't it?
Your workshops look wonderful...wish I was closer!

Leslie said...

Hi Tracie!

It was so nice to meet you in Omaha at Silver Bella! I love this journal. I just signed up for Art and Soul and somehow missed that you were teaching. I was planning on coming home on Sunday, because I'm leaving later in the week for Tim Holtz's cruise to Alaska, but I may have to rethink that.