Friday, June 27, 2008

Waiting... and WAITING


I have been waiting patiently, ok... really impatiently, for the postman to deliver two books: True Visions by L.K. Ludwig and 1000 Artist Journal Pages by Dawn Sokol.

Finally, they arrived yesterday afternoon!

Practically in a sprint back from the mailbox, I quickly discarded all of the other mail on the kitchen counter which created a bit of a mess, and started tearing into the box. After struggling with the cardboard and packing material, I rushed toward the living room, books firmly in hand, and sank into my favorite chair... ready to drink in the visual sights.

What a feast for the eyes!

I was completely mesmerized by the fascinating artworks that appeared on each page of both books, and PROUD as I could be to see my humble journal pages. Before I knew it, two hours had passed by at lightning speed. Honestly, where does the time go?Still needing to accomplish a few more tasks for the day, I reluctantly set them aside until bedtime... but happy knowing I had something beautiful and luscious to read before falling asleep.

3 comments:

Gina Cuff said...

Hi Tracie,

Her name is Hermione and she is the only female out of four cats that I have. She can be a little bit of a loner but she's the sweetest thing.

Congratulations on being published!

~Gina :)

Savannah said...

Woo hoo! Congratulations, Tracie!! One of these days I'm going to see that pastel journal of yours... I'm keepin' hope alive! Hugs, Shari

Heather Simpson-Bluhm said...

Ooooh, not much better than new books in the mail, especially those you are published in. Those look great, I am going to have to check them out! Hope you had a great weekend enjoying some quality time with them.