Wednesday, September 03, 2008

on the cusp

It is cloudy and very windy. The temperatures are cool and the rain is steady. I love days like this...days when you could easily curl up under a light blanket with a hot cup of tea, and while away the hours reading a good book or watching old movies.

I stepped outside this morning between showers to gather the newspaper from my front stoop, and there I noticed the beginnings of Fall.

Beautiful, Glorious Fall was peeking out from behind the tips of the trees that have begun to change color.

I rushed around the house opening all the windows and doors, inviting in the wind, and the rain, and Fall.

Although I know they can't stay... perhaps they might linger, if only for today.

1 comment:

Heather Simpson-Bluhm said...

I wouldn't complain if you sent some of that weather over this way. Its been in the 90's and continues to be....