Friday, December 12, 2008

Nature Inspired

If you can imagine a small slice of heaven in the middle of rural western Wisconsin, then you MUST be thinking about Valley Ridge Art Studio.

I am EXCITED to share that I will be teaching Nature Inspired, a two day workshop, at Valley Ridge in late August 2009.

The Studio is located on a 120-acre farm. Homesteaded one hundred years ago, the farm has gone through many transitions. Once the home to cattle, sheep, and chickens, the farm now provides respite to hawks, eagles, turkey, pheasant, deer and coyote. It juxtaposes the rich complexities of art and expression with the simplicity of the surrounding natural environment.

This visit to Valley Ridge is particularly poignant and exciting for me. I will be celebrating the debut of my new book published by Rockport/Quarry. I am thrilled to come to rural Wisconsin to be among friends, as well as being completely enveloped by the beauty of nature and the serenity of this place. I have plenty of surprises planned for all attendees.

Sign-ups begin Monday, December 15th and classes close very quickly, so don't wait!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

when are you going to come to Massachusetts so I can take a class with you?!

Jan Harris Smith said...

Congratulations on both the book and the class. Valley Ridge sounds wonderful. Love your winter photos, as well!