Monday, November 16, 2009

Illuminations

We are expecting snow today. My thoughts
whirl and dance just thinking about big white
fluffy flakes drifting past the windows and
the beautiful glow that will fill the house.

The soft gray light of Winter is so much
different from the light cast in the Spring,
Summer, or even Autumn. This pale illumination
of nature creates a deep sense of peace within me.
The same peace and hushed silence that also
blankets the landscape when snow is falling.

Winter is such a reflective season, don't
you think?

Abundant opportunities to ponder both
memories and anticipations when settled
into a warm place, perhaps near a crackling
fire.


So here, on the cusp of a new season, the
chilly north wind carries away the remaining
leaves from the trees, the days grow short,
and I find myself reminiscing on the moments
in my life for which I am grateful.

3 comments:

Cindy (JunqueArt) said...

Great photo! I bought your book!!! EEEEks it is wonderful!!! I feel like I'm in class with you!

Laura said...

how jealous I am of your snow forecast...here in NC it is in the 60's during the day. i so wish to live somewhere that actually has a real snow covered winter.
blessings
~*~

Anonymous said...

this is beautiful really beautiful,,