Wednesday, December 16, 2009

For Safe Keeping...

I have been working away in my studio over these last
several weeks of December, painting and collaging small
gifts to give.

What most often happens, when I have completed an
artwork, is that I display the finished piece on my
work table. It may only be exhibited there for a couple
of hours or perhaps a day or two. But this particular
work graced my space for over two weeks before I
could bring myself to wrap it.

The little painted bird reminded me so much of my
experiences in late January/early February when our
neighborhood was hosting quite a large flock of Robins.

At any time during the day, I could glance out the window
and count at least 10 to 20 or more Red-Breasted friends
devouring berries from the crab-apple tree or in the yard.
It was sheer and utter delight watching them.

Now, here at the end of the year, I wonder if I will be
fortunate enough to witness this same miracle in
the coming days. Only time will tell... but until then,
I am glad to have the beautiful memory of those
moments tucked away in my heart for safe keeping.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can you make something similar, just for yourself, to remember this magical year? I make heartfelt gifts for family or friends and feel as if a part of me has been torn away when they are packed and gone to their new homes. Silly, when one puts such love of the recipient into the making.

turquoise cro said...

O! Tracie, that is Beauty Full! I LOVE birds of all kinds!!! Come visit me today and YOU can see a special glitter birdie!!

Lee Weber said...

Hi Tracie! Looks like you've been busy. Ahhhh, robins... it will be interesting to see what will come visit me in the spring in Maine. I am anxious to see what the gardens are like. Right now, they are over grown and scrappy. I love the hare painting, BTW. I hope you have a joyous Christmas!

Cindy Woods said...

Beautiful Tracie! It sounds like you're having a wonderful holiday season, doing what you love. It was so great to see the two of you at Journalfest. Wishing you a magical New Year! xo

Marilyn said...

Charming! I love your blog and particularly your digital frames!

Holly Loves Art said...

Happy holidays Tracie! Thank you for sharing all your amazing talents with us.
Cheers!
Holly

Robin W. said...

Tracie -- Your Robin is lovely. I am a Robin myself, so I should know! I recently bought your new book, and I am in awe! You are incredibly talented! I can only hope that I will be able to incorporate some of your beautiful techniques into my purses that I am making for my new business - Robin's Nest Treasures. I have a shop on etsy that I am in the process of stocking.

I was a trial attorney for 22 years and recently had to take a disability retirement because of a serious chronic illness, but I take great joy in my creative endeavors, and I greatly admire your talent and business savvy.

I would love to take a class from you some day in the future. I am thrilled to hear about your new line of fabric. It will be gorgeous, I know - I don't even have to see it! I am such a fabric junkie to begin with -- you will send me over the edge! Ha ha.

I just started a new blog - robinsnesttreasures.blogspot.com
Would it be okay if I did a Post about your work and included a link to your blog within the next 2to 3 weeks?

I wish that I had talent as a painter/artist, but I am hoping that your techniques will allow me to create beautiful "treasures".

I look forward to learning more wonderful creative lessons from you!

Be Well and Happy --
Robin from
Robin's Nest Treasures
Pittsburgh, PA