Monday, August 06, 2012

Please Excuse

Dear Friend, please excuse my absence and sparse postings, several important deadlines loom large on the horizon and I am currently concentrating all efforts on these commitments.  I hope to be back to sharing my art and life with you very soon.

Just a quick update... the drought continues to hold these Prairie Plains prisoner to its unrelenting tyranny.  Scorched earth and withered crops, dry rivers and creeks is a new normal.  Over the weekend I witnessed a lightning storm prompted by the heat, yet no water fell. And although the storm was quite magnificent, the worries of random wildfires have many gripped in fear, holding our breath that this dramatic display of nature won't result in something even more devastating.

I dream constantly about the coming of Fall and pray for rain every day, so ready to dismiss these late Summer days for a new season and a healed landscape.





3 comments:

HeARTworks said...

You are praying for rain and we here in Manila are praying for the rain to STOP!!! I'm thinking we should start building an ark! Lots of places are flooded! Following you on bloglovin. It's ok that your posts are sparse. Just don't forget to post sometimes!!! We love seeing your work! Patsy from
HeARTworks and
papemelroti

Jeannie said...

I live in range fire country and the threat of fire is always in the back of my head. I hope the praries get their rain soon. Moving here from Seattle, I am known to get grumpy when we haven't had rain! :) I hope the creative muse is with you as you attend to your deadlines. I'll be here when you get back!

HollyM said...

We are praying for rain as well. It keeps getting predicted but not showing. We haven't mown our lawn in weeks.
I too dream of fall. I'm almost afraid to say it because most like summer but it has been too hot for me.
Love your paintings!