Sunday, July 16, 2006

Hello Dear Friends....



I am so glad you have stopped by! WELCOME to
The Red Door Studio blog. I hope you will visit often
as I write about my artistic journey.

I am very very lucky to say that I am a full time Artist.
Although, I spent many years as a computer analyst, I decided
to pursue my dream of having a life immersed in art and
creativity when the company I was working for, Pizza Hut, Inc.,
decided to move their corporate office from the city where
I live to a completely different state.

Today, I work as a Product Designer/Illustrator creating
mass market products. And, I am excited to say that a
number of my designs have sold in retail stores such as
Wal-Mart, Hobby Lobby, Lowes, BJs, and Walgreen Drugs.

But when I am not illustrating retail product, I spend my
time creating collage art. Paint, fibers, pen and ink, along
with vintage ephemera are just some of the mixed media
elements used in my collage work.

I have also found that a very important part of being an artist
is sharing my work with others. Whether I am selling products
at a discount store, showing my art in a gallery or show, teaching
new techniques to fellow artists, or talking about art with friends,
clients, and family, sharing is a way for me to continue to revel in
this creative life.

Now, I am a blogger, too!

8 comments:

A COLLAGE A DAY said...

Enjoy your collage very much!! Happy blogging!

r.

Kari said...

Can't wait to visit your blog often. Looks great!!!!

Birds of a Feather said...

welcomr to blogland...careful it's very addicting! i'll be back to see you. best wishes!

Miss Robyn said...

welcome to blogging village!

Judy Wise said...

Hooray, welcome to the coffee klatch! I will stop by often with my mug and a plate of cookies to share.

Mary Stanley said...

Hi Tracie, Pam G. sent us! Love your Blog and welcome! mary

Fiona said...

Looking forward to visiting. Loving all the little houses.

Syd said...

Yea! ..... another cool blog to check out...
I loved what you said about houses as a subject in your work.
Have fun! Syd