Monday, October 08, 2007

To Portland We Go...

"Never shall I forget the time I spent with you.
Please continue to be my friend as you will always find me yours."

-Ludwig van Beethoven

This last week, I made a journey to Oregon. I have never had the pleasure of visiting this state, let alone the fair city of Portland. Although I did not have a chance to explore due to the lack of transportation, I am thoroughly enamored by its lovely Pacific Northwest charm.

However, it is always the company I keep, no matter where I am, that not only persuades me to want to return, but stirs my heart into knowing that I MUST come back.

My adorable mother-in-law, Marylin Huskamp, and I had the wonderful opportunity to share not just one but two classes, the Fiber Fusion Journal House and the Fused Fragments Extended Journal, with some incredible students.

I am always inspired by the finished artworks that emerges when we teach... pieces that are beautiful, thoughtful, creative, and so very unique from every single class participant.

well...just take a look for yourself.




MANY thanks go to the Art and Soul coordinators and staff for making us feel so welcome.

And a BIG Thank You to those artists that shared the day with us. Your talent and creative energy made our experience so very special, like each one of you!

6 comments:

Diane Duda said...

What a talented group! And how nice that you have your mother-in-law to share all this with. :)

xo
di

Shari Beaubien said...

What lovely photos, Tracie! I can see from their beaming faces that your students had a marvelous time! Hugs, Shari

Anonymous said...

Your students' art looks fabulous! Each is so unique and beautiful! A true product of great teachers and talented students.

Anonymous said...

Your students' art looks fabulous! Each is so unique and beautiful! A true product of great teachers and talented students.

Sweet Petunia said...

Look at all those happy students...one day I hope to take one of your classes. Can't wait to see you at ArtFiberFest...hopefully we'll have a little more time.

Maija said...

Oh, Traccie- they were the lucky ones to spend the day with you and Marylin! i can attest to that!