Sunday, May 11, 2008

OH Virginia!

How do I adequately express all of the incredible moments of being with like minds and hearts?

How do I convey to you, dear reader... my deep, deep feelings of gratitude and appreciation when I experience the joy of smiling faces, special words exchanged, thoughtful gestures, meeting new friends, and having opportunities to spend time in the company of old friends. These tender emotions truly stir my soul toward a greater understanding of myself and my purpose here... of how to use this artistic gift, that I am so humbled by, as a way of reaching out to others.

Every retreat is different, and Art & Soul, Virginia was an entity all unto itself. Rarely is it the physical location of such an event, but the people and their stories that culminate the true spirit of such precious days spent together. You can feel the air charged with positive creative energy. It rejuvenates me, for so much of the time I am tucked away in my studio. It feels good to emerge from self-imposed isolation to be renewed.

Marylin and I are always so grateful to those individuals that choose to spend the day with us. We try to make each class special, and love spoiling our students with surprises. Each of us may start as strangers, but by the end of the day, everyone is laughing and talking as if we have all known each other for quite sometime.

Here are just a few pictures of some of the BEAUTIFUL Fabrics and Journals from our workshops. I won't post all of the images for Marylin will also be sharing her own cherished moments from our visit.











3 comments:

Savannah said...

What beautiful creations, Tracie! You and Marylin must be soooo proud!! Hugs, Shari

dogfaeriex5 said...

you had some awesome students but then the teachers are awesome too!!
waiting on your awesome news......
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxox

dogfaeriex5 said...

you had some awesome students but then the teachers are awesome too!!
waiting on your awesome news......
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxox