Monday, January 19, 2009

Monday, Monday

I am feeling a bit of the Monday blues today, with
several looming deadlines fast approaching that
now need my immediate attention.

During these first couple of weeks of the new year,
I have found myself drifting along somewhat
aimlessly, feeling a bit paralyzed by all the ideas
swirling around in my head.

There is this deep longing or swell that has been
building inside over the last year, to push outside
the comfortable boundaries I have established, and
explore art-making in a new way. Perhaps creating
larger, more intricate pieces that are in answer to the
deeply felt, poignant words engraved upon a silver
bracelet cuff that I constantly wear,"Let My Thinking
Be Creative and Fill the World With Light"
.

As I continue to ponder the fulfillment of this
longing, I thought I would share a couple of
sneak peaks at some new work, I have
managed to begin.





In addition to this, I have also started preparing for both
Artfest in early April and Art and Soul, Hampton at the
beginning of May.

I feel so blessed, grateful and very humbled that the
Artfest - Of Nested Visions workshop is completely
FULL and that there are only a few spaces left in the
The Art of Nature workshop.

I am also SUPER EXCITED to be returning to the
east coast at Hampton, Virginia for a second year
with two TERRIFIC workshop offerings,
A Painted Pendant and Painted Nature.

I invite you to join me for one, two, or perhaps all
three workshops, as we explore some unique methods
of painting and mixed media inspired by the unending
beautiful of nature.

2 comments:

Maija said...

I can't wait to see what you work into this upcoming year!!

Lee Weber said...

I've been feeling that same kind of "blah." I have amillion ideas in my head and no time to do them. I hope my Muse has a good memory! LOL.

xoxo