Monday, April 20, 2009

The Best Laid Plans...Oft Go Awry

On any given day,
at any given moment,
if you were to glance
at my desk, you would
find one, two, maybe
even three miscellaneous
bits of paper lying about.


Scribbled across those pages, you would
discover some sort of words assembled
into the makings of a "list".

To say that I live by a "list" is an understatement.
Maybe it comes from years and years of
being in the corporate world and carefully
following the daytimer practices of Franklin
Covey, but I find list-making quite an
invaluable tool when it comes to organizing
my thoughts, my time, along with important
bits of information that do not want to forget.

Most often, I am very good at working
through tasks that are carefully added
to my "lists". However occasionally, I
experience days when I don't accomplish
anything I had set out to complete, and
this previous Saturday quickly became
one of those days...

when a box from Dick Blick
made an earlier morning arrival on my doorstep.

Of course, it was filled with all
kinds of yummy art goodies
that were just begging for me
to IMMEDIATELY stop what I was doing and use them. And
HOW, I ask you, could I resist such a siren call?

These particular products are actually being
incorporated into a new series of artworks
I am creating, so I thought it might be fun
to share some sneak peeks of what I did
actually get done on my Saturday play day.








8 comments:

paperbird said...

very pretty.

Lee Weber said...

love it!!

Anonymous said...

Yummy, can't wait to see more.

Unknown said...

Tracie,
Thanks for the input about lists. I am starting to make them and find them helpful. But knowing things can change at a moments notice is still alright.

Like you I would have dug into a new box of art supplies myself forgetting everyone and everything.

How exciting about your new book. I can't wait to see it!

rebecca said...

oh...pretty! look forward to seeing it all.

Tina Cully said...

Hey girlie- show us more!! This looks very cool.

Tina Cully said...

Hey girlie- show us more!! This looks very cool.

renee said...

I love your nests! Also your new work with the "stuff" from Dick Blick. I'm excited to see you new book!