Thursday, July 16, 2009

Chasing the Day

As the Summer continues marching onward towards
Fall, it imparts to us the sweet memories of fun, and
laughter, sunshine, and sudden downpours, discovering
new places, and remembering long ago.

This past weekend, I relived the forgotten pleasure
of taking a train ride, which is an experience I had
not had since I was a child.

My travel adventure took me all the way to Chicago
where I enjoyed a taste of the "Windy City".

It was a perfect couple of days to go exploring,
and I thought I would share some of the things
I saw along the way....

While waiting for a commuter train into downtown,
I shopped a nearby farmer's market. Table after
table was overflowing with an abundance of colorful
fruits, and vegetables, and beautiful flowers.






Strolling along the Navy Pier, I felt like a kid again, riding the
Carousel, watching friends take a spin on the Ferris
Wheel, and seeing the ships sailing on the water so blue.





I ended the day by walking the Magnificent Mile, peeking
in the Hershey's Store where I was immediately enveloped
in the heavenly scents of rich chocolate, and riding a boat
through the city canals to view some incredible architecture.

5 comments:

Tara's Art Camp said...

the sites and sounds of summer, so sweet!

Lori S-C said...

Lovely photos! We will be there in a few weeks, when daughter #1 gets settled into her new apartment so she can attend SAIC.

Karen Valentine said...

Hello my bloggy friend! WooHoo!!! Party day is just a week away! I'm so looking forward to seeing everyone's creative spaces. I have a request... I thought it would be easier for everyone to leave comments if we all turned off comment moderation and word verification during the day (or maybe week) of the party. To do that, go to customize, settings, comments...then scroll down to turn off comment moderation and word verification.
I hope you have a wonderful weekend and a fabulous week. See you next Friday!!
BTW... I thoroughly enjoyed these pictures. Would you share where you got the brush frame???

Karen
My Desert Cottage

Jeanne said...

Chicago is MY kind of town...In fact it is my hometown. I am always thrilled when I stumble upon photos of the windy city in m blog-hopping.
xo
jeanne

Leah said...

what cool photos. i especially love the produce, flowers, and ferris wheel. how do you make it look all black and sketchy around the photo? very cool effect.