Sunday, August 02, 2009

Artfest 2010!

Now that August has arrived, it is time,
once again, for the unveiling of another
SPECTACULAR LINE-UP of ARTFEST CLASSES!

This year, Marylin and I are THRILLED to
be returning to Fort Worden and will be
teaching not just one, or two, but ALL
THREE
days of the retreat in 2010.

Each workshop we are offering is
new and/or exclusive to Artfest
so BE SURE TO CHECK THEM OUT!


On Thursday, returning for a second
year is Of Nested Visions. It debuted
in 2009 and was a GIANT SUCCESS!
This will be your only opportunity to
take this class, as we will only be
offering it at Artfest in 2010.


Below is a testimonial from a student in
our workshop last year:


"I am so happy to see you teaching again
at AF - they are blessed to have you. I must
say that my time in your class last year was
a blast and if anyone reading this is even
remotely considering going and taking the
class - DO IT ! I came away with a fun project
that is proudly displayed in my dining room.
(I was actually able to finish two - a matching
set) and i must say, i love how they turned out
- with many thanks to you for your inspiration.
Thanks to both of you for a fun and laughter
filled day. "
jill



Then on Friday and Saturday, we have
two BRAND NEW workshops making
their GRAND entrance!!!


On Friday, we are hosting Technicolor
Journaling
. For anyone interested in
sketchbooks, journaling, writing, learning
SUPER techniques for turning your
photo images into LUSH, COLORFUL
drawings with NO PREVIOUS DRAWING
EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
, then THIS...
is the class for you.

Each and every student will receive an
11x14 brown packing paper journal/sketchbook
to take home with them... Now I ask you,
what could be better than THAT?


And finally on Saturday in our workshop
Between the Lines, we will explore
and unravel the mysteries of creating stunning
landscapes using texture mediums and paint.

If you have ever looked out across the horizon
and longed to capture such breath-taking visions
as a painting, in your sketchbook or journal, then
come join us. This is the WONDERFUL opportunity
to explore basic design principles, various mediums,
and nature all rolled into one FABULOUS class.

It is also the PERFECT STRESS-FREE,
RELAXING
workshop to help you wrap up
a week of Artfest fun!


Teesha's made a slight change to the signup process.
You can send in your registration NOW. Then on
September 5, she will put everything in one big box
and draw out the registrations to process them.
No need to time your mailing. Everyone has equal
chances at getting their requests if your forms arrive
by September 4!

4 comments:

Sheila said...

Timidly smiling here with a wistful longing - synchronicity???? I just found your blog quite recently, just opened a new one of my own and started an art journal (1st page attempt on my new blog) and my next birthday falls during your Artfest 2010 and that is just up the coast from me and sounds like a tantalizing gourmet description on a 5 star restaurant menu. Hmmmmm...

cinnibonbon said...

Everthings looks wonderful--congrats on your publication to Sommerset!!

Kathy said...

Sheila would be blessed indeed to spend a day with you, dear Tracie. How I would love to visit Washington State, my daughter in tow, to take one of these classes. I know anyone who does will not be disappointed. ~Kathy

Anonymous said...

Hi Tracy and Marilyn ! I am so happy to see you teaching again at AF - they are blessed to have you. I must say that my time in your class last year was a blast and if anyone reading this is even remotely considering going and taking the class - DO IT ! I came away with a fun project that is proudly displayed in my dining room. (I was actually able to finish two - a matching set) and i must say, i love how they turned out - with many thanks to you for your inspiration. Thanks to both of you for a fun and laughter filled day.
jill
www.jillsibbald.typepad.com