Monday, January 16, 2012
Tutorial: Chalkboard Tags
I absolutely LOVE this project and am so excited to share
a tutorial with you!
Lately, I have been doing a bit of deep cleaning in my
studio, and I needed a way to mark various bins and
boxes. So I thought I would make some super easy
chalkboard tags to help me organize my supplies.
1. Start with a quart of Valspar Chalkboard Paint.
*Valspar paint can be found at Lowe's Hardware
2. Next gather several plain Shipping Tags that
can be purchased from an Office Supply Store.
3. Remove the string from the Shipping Tag
and gently peel off the top layer of the hole
4. Using a Sponge Brush coat the Shipping Tag
with two layers of Chalkboard Paint.
*The shipping tag curls when painted but
flattens out after the paint has dried
5. After the Shipping Tag is thoroughly dry,
apply a thick third coat of Chalkboard Paint.
6. Once the final coat is completely dry, re-tie
the string onto the Shipping Tag and glue the
peeled layer from the hole protector back in place.
Now, the Chalkboard Tag is ready to use and reuse!