Monday, January 23, 2012
Tutorial: A Valentine Sentiment and MORE EXCITING HOLIDAY PROJECTS!!!
With Valentines just around the corner,
I wanted to share a favorite Tutorial for
creating very unique and beautiful
sentiments to give.
1. White wash the postcard using a paint brush
and several coats of white acrylic paint
2. Place muslin fabric over a copy paper butterfly
image. Using a mechanical pencil trace the butterfly
outline and any large details onto the fabric.
3. Paint the butterfly outline on fabric using
a #3 round paintbrush and the appropriate
colors of acrylic paint.
4. One the painted fabric is dry, cut the
butterfly out using small embroidery scissors
5. Layer a silk fabric square on the vintage
postcard, along with lace, a rice paper heart,
and the painted butterfly on top.
6. Sew the silk fabric, lace, rice paper heart
and butterfly to the postcard
7. Add your heartfelt message to the remaining
white-washed area of the postcard.
Starting Wednesday, January 25th follow
along as a group of FABULOUS artists,
share "HeARTfest!!!", even more
fun and easy Valentine Projects to make your
upcoming holiday of love...FAN-TASTIC!
Wednesday, Jan. 25th - Jane LaFazio
Thursday, Jan. 26th - Traci Bunkers
Friday, Jan. 27th - Diana Trout
Saturday, Jan. 28th - Lyric Kinard
Sunday, Jan. 29th - Judy Perez
Monday, Jan. 30th - Kelli Nina Perkins
Tuesday, Jan. 31st - Melanie Testa
Wednesday, Feb 1st - Me!