Saturday, August 10, 2013

An Encore...


“Love is eternal - the aspect may change, but not the essence”         Vincent van Gogh

There is nothing like fresh flowers.  Even a small bud vase of snippets from the garden can brighten a dark corner and instantly bring a smile. It is especially lovely when the flowers are not only decoration for the house but serve a dual purpose. This bouquet was a gift from my husband. A token of love and a celebration of 22 years of marriage, as well as perhaps a boost of encouragement for my waning patience with what feels like the slowest growing sunflowers ever (see last post).

I can hardly believe hubby and I have been together for 22 years. Well really 27 years, as we dated five years before we married. I am so incredibly lucky to share my days with a best friend and even after all this time I continue to fall more madly, deeply in love with this man. He accepts me for all that I am and am not, always there to be honest but kind, my biggest cheerleader and a shoulder to cry on (which I have used a lot this year).  Don't get me wrong, our relationship has had ups and downs, but we have always clung to each other in the good and bad times. And I wouldn't want it any other way.

So Happy Anniversary to My Still Mr. Right. I know our love is eternal!


3 comments:

HollyM said...

Congrats! Gord and I had our 33 in May and I can't believe it! It's true though, we fall more in love as time goes on. We are even better friends.
Those are the prettiest sunflowers! I've not seen that color before.

Mary lin Huskamp said...

Congratulations! You are both Blessed. Life has a way of leading us in the right direction and I am happy that the two of you crossed paths so many years ago. I wish you both many more happy years together. Love you.

Pilgrim said...

Happy Anniversary to my favorite couple. Love you both.