Tuesday, December 22, 2015

The Magic of Christmas...

is in the anticipation - searching for that perfect gift for someone, the exciting unknown of wrapped presents under the tree,  preparations made for spending time with those you love, and wondering if that chill in the air will bring snow. I venture through December's days trying to savor even the smallest moments and wishing time would somehow slow down just a little.

Today the cold bare landscape seems at its most peaceful to welcome the winter solstice. During these final weeks of 2015, may your days be filled with joy and the beauty of the season surround you...

2 comments:

Jeannie said...

A beautiful post. You captured how I feel about Christmas so well. The only thing missing is the anxiety of travel. We are getting more than our fair share of snow and the passes are worse. Do we drive 10 hours on a different route? or wait for a break in the snow? Can we get home in 5 days or will we be stuck for 10 like years past? Crossing my fingers for a break in the storms. Once there, the magic begins and I love every moment. Have a beautiful and relaxing Christmas and I hope 2016 is an amazing year for you. Hugs!

HollyM said...

Yes, we have the cold, bare landscape but with a layer of fresh snow that brings a sparkle and a quiet to the day. Since I had a small surgery, I've slowed down, having to stretch out and take breaks. It forces one to savour the moments.
I love the cardinal and the holly.