Tuesday, February 02, 2016

Mid-Winter

My first entry of the year with already one month gone.  This February day is cold but not bitterly so.  I sit at a tiny table on the patio, writing in a composition notebook and basking in the intermittent rays of sun while strong northerly gusts sting my face.  Winter is considered bleak, but I have not seen the bleakness often described.   Instead, I find myself relishing the serenity of my surroundings.  The last months of the year pass by in such a blur, but January gives the soul a chance to simply be, lulled by a gentle repose of nature.   Nature sleeps and I gather a renewed strength from the quiet reflection and meditation of Winter's world.  And I paint on...

3 comments:

HollyM said...

You are so right about January. I feel exactly the same way when I can slow myself down enough to relax and enjoy.
I love the bird with the golden foil. Very pretty.

Mary T. said...

I have so many birds visiting my yard!it feels like spring here in central Texas.

bockel24 said...

how could I miss this - I love those vibrant colours with the gold paint on the background!