1. White wash the postcard using a paint brush
and several coats of white acrylic paint
2. Place muslin fabric over a copy paper butterfly
image. Using a mechanical pencil trace the butterfly
outline and any large details onto the fabric.
3. Paint the butterfly outline on fabric using
a #3 round paintbrush and the appropriate
colors of acrylic paint.
4. One the painted fabric is dry, cut the
butterfly out using small embroidery scissors
5. Layer a silk fabric square on the vintage
postcard, along with lace, a rice paper heart,
and the painted butterfly on top.
6. Sew the silk fabric, lace, rice paper heart
and butterfly to the postcard
7. Add your Springtime greeting to the remaining
white-washed area of the postcard.
Love these butterflies! I've been using them a lot lately, too. It's definitely Spring fever:) 🌻Laura
Post a Comment