Sunday, April 06, 2008

Spring to Summer, sudden bursts of yellow

Everywhere I look there is green. Sprouts peeking up through the ground and the unfolding of bright green leaves on the trees, except for the daffodils. They are in FULL bloom!

Such beautiful bursts of sunny yellow dot the surrounding landscapes of my neighborhood. I can not help but smile when I look at them.
"For oft, when on my couch I lie,
In vacant or in pensive mood,
They flash upon that inward eye
Which is the bliss of solitude;
And then my heart with pleasure fills,
And dances with the daffodils."

-William Wordsworth

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Tracie Lyn,

Yeah, We are starting to see green here too.
I so welcome it. It is about time.

Your art work continues to expand and breathe as the seasons change.
It is beautiful to see.

I look forward to seeing you again at AFF.

Be well.

Alma