Friday, March 02, 2012

Shadows


I am simply giddy with excitement today,
after catching a glimpse of shadows against
the glass!


A large wreath decorates the front door
of my home. It has, over the last three
years, been a popular nesting site for
little house finches. Each Spring, I wait
and watch, hoping beyond hope, that
another bird couple will select this same
spot.

Watching Mama and Papa carefully build
an abode, then tend to their family is such
a moving experience... something I never
grow tired of witnessing.

Hopefully once again, some little birds
have decided this is the ideal place.... we'll see.

3 comments:

HollyM said...

That would be wonderful to watch. what a lovely spot.

Jeannie said...

One of my favorite rites of spring is seeing how many families move into our garden "neighborhood". Enjoy!

Jane LaFazio said...

beyond adorable!